Herbal Consultations with Ember
I recommend a customized holistic herbal protocol, so you can enhance your capacity and resiliency to do more of what you love.
I am currently accepting new clients in person (masked, distanced) in the Annapolis Valley, NS.
My virtual practice is currently full. Please join my email list or follow me on Instagram to find out when I am accepting new virtual clients again
Scroll down to learn more about my approach
Please get in touch with any questions: email@example.com
Comprehensive Herbal Consultation
During a comprehensive 1.5-2 hour consultation, we will discuss in depth your health issues and body system functions based on your priorities and goals. I view my role as being in partnership with you - I bring my knowledge of plants and physiology, and you bring your experiences of your body, mind and spirit. I strive to treat you with complete respect, and to create a non-judgmental and compassionate healing space. My primary goal is to educate you about herbs, food and lifestyle habits to empower you to achieve your healing goals.
Especially in long term chronic illness, it is important to have patience and diligence for the herbs to do their work. The approach of herbal medicine is to find the root of the imbalance and support the whole body in a deep healing process.
I help you to craft realistic short and long term goals to improve your quality of life so that you are more able to do what you love.
I offer custom herbal formulations to support your healing process. After the first appointment, I recommend follow-up consultations every 4-8 weeks to see how the herbs are working for you, and to make changes if necessary.
Comprehensive initial consultation 1.5-2 hrs
- $150 +hst regular price
- $50-100 +hst sliding scale for BIPOC
- $20-100 +hst sliding scale with student observers present
Follow-up consultation 45-60 mins
- $75 +hst regular price
- $30-50 +hst sliding scale for BIPOC
- $10-$50 +hst sliding scale with student observers present
This includes time needed for research, formulating and dispensing of the herbal medicines. Herbs are not included in this price.
What to Expect
- The comprehensive initial consultation is 90-120 minutes, where we discuss in depth your health issues and overall body system functions based on your priorities and goals. Within one week of your initial consultation, I will email you with detailed custom recommendations and can offer a 15 minute phone call or emails to answer any questions you may have about the recommendations.
- An acute consultation is 15-30 minutes, where I answer questions to the best of my ability about your acute health concern(s). This is not a comprehensive intake to address your long-term health concerns. I may or may not also send you recommendations via email as soon as I am able.
- It is important to have patience and diligence for the herbs to be most effective. Formulas often need to be altered over time as symptoms and conditions change. I recommend follow-up consultations every 4-8 weeks to see how the herbs are working for you, and to make changes if necessary.
- Most herbs I use are available to purchase through my apothecary to clients in Canada. My prices are as follows:
- 50ml tincture - $15
- 100ml tincture - $25
- 250ml tincture - $55
- Bulk herbs: prices vary. Average is about $8.50/100g
- Herbs can be shipped anywhere in Canada for a flat rate of $20
- Payments are accepted in the form of interac e-transfer (Canada), credit card and paypal.
- In the event that you have an outstanding invoice, services will be suspended until the invoice is paid or resolved.
If the cost or payment options don't work for you, please email me to discuss other flexible payment options.
Sliding scale (down to at-cost) pricing is offered for People of Color and Indigenous folks who would otherwise be unable to access herbal consultations.This is in a spirit of reparations, in an effort to create more accessible spaces for people who face systemic marginilization.
As a holistic Clinical Herbalist, I view you as having the innate ability to heal and your body systems as being interconnected. In my practice I draw on knowledge from Western Herbalism traditions, assessment tools from Classical Chinese Medicine, scientific research and physiology to craft custom herbal formulations based on your healing goals. I incorporate about 200 different plants, mushrooms and supplements into my practice.
I can work with you on any health issue or imbalance, acute or chronic. I have interest and experience working with people through cancer, diabetes, liver diseases, digestive issues, auto-immunity, chronic pain, neurological conditions, endocrine imbalances, addiction, injury recovery, fertility autonomy, hormone imbalances, sleep issues, trans health, mood/emotional imbalances, as well as a wide range of other health concerns.
I use a client-centered and trauma-informed approach, which means that I meet you where you are at in terms of your capacity, goals, barriers to resources, etc, and I strive to treat you with total acceptance and respect, viewing you as the expert of your body and experiences. My practice strives to be trans-inclusive and trans-competent, to provide empowering care to trans and gender-non binary clients.
I neither diagnose nor directly treat diseases, rather I can make assessments of imbalances based on patterns and physiologic presentation, and support the healing of your body, mind and spirit. I carefully assess all interactions that herbs may have with pharmaceutical medications, and I can work with other health care practitioners if desired.